Sunday, September 1, 2013

Out with the old... in with piles of new.

It's quite humorous in a way, within an hour of having written the previous post, I got home and noticed that there was a call from Seattle.  It was a fraught 20 minutes until I got 'hold of the lovely lady calling. The news was absolutely stunning to me... she wanted to call and tell me I was their #1 candidate, and that they would have made an offer Thursday or Friday, but they were having some troubling hammering out the financial end. She also said that she didn't want to leave me hanging over the weekend.

It was humorous to have the ending of the blog entry followed so soon with the notification about the job, but it makes sense too.  It was like I had to clear something of the old out before I could get that little thing to move forward. Now it's just a bit more of a waiting game for the official offer with dollar signs attached.

Yesterday I spent with Renee, my best friend since forever... well, third grade... driving up to Bethel, MO for the Sheep Festival.  We looked around, petted some sheep and bunnies and bought beautiful purple roving that will need to be spun into something fabulous.  Then we had snow cones and a funnel cake and hopped int the car and left since it was so hot.  It was looking to be nearly 100 degrees.  I got home and went horizontal for 2 1/2 hours... mostly due to the fact I have been short sleep all week... it's amazing how stressful transitions like this one can be.  Even it it's a transition you want, it it still change and that is never something that human beings deal with very well.



I can't say that this change isn't sad, it is... there are a lot of things I am giving up to make this move now.  I will be missing my son's last few months at home, though I plan to come back home for his graduation and subsequent departure for the Air Force in May... just 2 days apart.  I will miss watching my granddaughter grow and change... despite the frustration of having her around sometimes, it's also a blessing that I will miss.

On the other hand, there will be things that I won't miss... living in a house constantly full of people... not being able to just leave my stuff in one place and having it still there when I return... not having to clean up after others all the time... just so many things.

So it's bittersweet as even the best of changes can be.

So I have begun the sorting and packing process... and throwing a lot more stuff into the dumpster today... that is very liberating. I have most of my kitchen put together, I think one more box should take care of that. I have a bunch of stuff up on Freecycle, I'm just waiting for people to call me to come pick stuff up.

Tomorrow morning will be fun. I am volunteering with the Heart of America marathon, I'll be posting race results at the finish line, not sure what that will entail, but I love race day atmosphere. I don't know if I'll ever run a full marathon, but I am already planning my first half in May... hopefully the Hippie Girl Run in Hillsboro, OR.  It was going to be the Go Girl Run here in Columbia, but I won't be here then... or maybe I will, looking at the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment