Monday, December 2, 2013

180 Monday.

Last Monday was a very bad day... it was like Mercury opened a can of retrograde whoopass on me. Today was pretty much the opposite... for a bunch of reasons.

Though I only had a short visit back home to Missouri, it was just what I needed to recharge my mental and spiritual batteries. Spending time with all my kids and my wonderful husband allowed me to touch base and put everything in perspective. Though this transition is hard, it is what Mark and I want, it is laying the foundation for our future, together.

I realized that though I miss my family, I am better off here, moving our lives forward and that I could not live there anymore.  I was better able to enjoy everyone on a short visit.  I had a really great time.  Especially with Miss K. That little girl and I had the best time... reading Stop That Pickle, playing with her wolf toy, her helping me pack, washing hands and all kinds of things that fascinated her...

I also got to visit with my dear Jasmine, that was priceless.

It was wonderful going back to "Cheers"...

Part of me was saying that I didn't want to come back, but then I spent the time with Jasmine and realized exactly why I'd left and how much I had to look forward to by coming back.

So I cried a bit when Mark left me in Kansas City, but when I saw the lights of Seattle spread out below me as the plane was bumpily landing, I felt my heart beat faster and my excitement rose... I was glad to be back in my new home.

I'm still anxious for Mark to get out her permanently... but I will be okay. I will continue to do my best in my dream job. And Mark and Alan will be here in just 19 days...

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment