Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Winding it down here...

I have a lot of emotions rolling around right now, the problem is they are harder to tease out individually because they are so tangled up.  It's kind of like a disco ball, I catch glimpses of one and then another but can't catch a firm hold on any of them.  It creates a sort of uncomfortable sense of not feeling and one emotion in depth, while feeling everything a little bit.  It allows me a calm veneer over a surreal internal shallowness.

I feel very deeply about this whole move, but feel unable to express it. I guess it is helpful because I am able to get things done for the move efficiently without getting mired down in the emotional swamp.  I am sure I will cry once I'm on the road, but right now I jut can't go there.

I can't believe that I'm down to less than a week. The physical signs of the move are there, but not a lot looks hugely different at this point. Having the dumpster was something and getting rid of ... 1.8 tons of crap... yes nearly 2 tons... was amazing. Yesterday we hauled off boxes of books to Half Price Books in Independence.  Today I got all my favorite bedding into a space bag and the air sucked out of it.

Tomorrow will bring more wind down stuff... putting clothes into space bags. I have my bag packed for Archon mostly, and the one that will get me across the country.  I need some provisions for the drive. I also will be getting Maxine her final maintenance and new tires.  I also have her title and lien release certification.

I think I'm pretty much ready to get packed up and head out next Tuesday...


No comments:

Post a Comment